PADI Open Water Course on Koh Lanta, Thailand
The surface of the world consists of 70% of water, yet few people experience what it is like underwater. Now it is your chance to see the breathtaking beauty that lies beneath the waves. The PADI Open Water Course on Koh Lanta gives you your basic licence to dive and is valid for life. The course is the world’s most popular scuba course – and Thailand is one of the world’s most popular dive destinations. The Open Water Course has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle and the underwater world. And Koh Lanta offers some of the best diving in Thailand, with regular manta ray and whale shark encounters.
The Open Water Course on Koh Lanta allows you to dive to 18m and can be completed in 3 or 4 days by one of our experienced instructors. The training is separated into three sections; Knowledge Development, Confined Water and four Open Water Dives. During the course, you will learn how to dive safely, how to protect the underwater environment and what to do if something unexpected happens.
Knowledge Development is classroom-based and designed to teach you the dive theory. Knowledge development is where you will learn the principles, concepts, and terms necessary to become a diver in a relaxed and comfortable environment of our AC classrooms.
If you are short on time, or want to have the dive theory completed before you come out on holiday so you can spend more time on the beach, then you can consider completing the theory portion of the course using PADI E-learning.
Confined Water is where you head to the pool to complete a number of basic skills. These skills are explained and demonstrated by the instructor before you have to repeat the skill. The skills are designed to familiarize yourself with the equipment, learn basic buoyancy skills and be safe underwater.
Open water dives
The most fun pat of the Open water course Koh Lanta! Open Water Diving is diving in the ocean and putting all the skills and training you have learnt in the classroom and pool into practice. The first two dives are to 12m and then the last two dives are to 18m. Once you have passed the course requirements you will receive a card that allows you to dive around the world for the rest of your life! Sign up for the Open Water Course on Koh Lanta – you will not regret it!
Open Water Course Koh Lanta in summary
- No experience necessary
- Must be able to swim 200 metres and float for 10 minutes
- Medically fit to dive. Click here to check Medical Questionnaire
- Minimum Age: 10 years
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
- Four days: Two days in the pool & classroom and two days on the boat completing 4 training dives – max depth 18m (12m for 10 and 11 years old)
- Dive sites: Koh Ha or Koh Bida
- Price: 14,400 baht (Excluding Marine Park Fee)
You can complete all the course theory from home by signing up for the PADI E-learning option via the PADI website. This saves time in the classroom and gives you more time in the water. Please sign in using our store number 6410 LANTA DIVER or click here for the link.
Open Water Course Koh Lanta after E-learning
- Three Days, One day in the pool, Two days on the boat completing 4 training dives – max depth 18m (12m for 10 and 11 years old)
- Price: 9,500 baht (Excluding Marine Park Fee)
- E-learning Fee payable online is an additional AUD 225 (approximately 5,500 baht)
Scuba Diver Course
Not enough time to take the Open Water Course Koh Lanta? Consider the PADI Scuba Diver Course instead. This course includes around half of the Open Water theory and confined water along with two Open Water Dives. Once certified you are able to dive to 12 metres but you must always dive with a dive professional. Once certified as a Scuba Diver you can in the future always upgrade to an Open Water Diver.
Scuba Diver Course in Summary
- Two Days, One day in the pool & classroom, One day on the boat completing 2 training dives – max depth 12m
- Price: 10,400 baht (Excluding Marine Park Fee)
- Must dive with a dive professional after certification