PADI IDC – Instructor Development Course
Is the PADI IDC Koh Lanta for you? Do you want to live the dream and become a PADI instructor? Do you love diving and are passionate about showing people your love of scuba diving? Then the Instructor Development Course Koh Lanta (IDC) is the course that will enable you to earn a living from diving and to see the world. Lanta Diver was the first PADI IDC centre on Koh Lanta. Since then we have been running successful IDCs on the island for the past 15 years. Our emphasis is on professionalism and is clear in all aspects of the dive centre. This professionalism continues right through our Instructor Development Course Koh Lanta & IDC Staff courses.
Watch this inspirational video from PADI.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they have completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you are rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Lanta Diver Padi Go Pro in Paradise location
The beautiful island of Koh Lanta in Thailand is the perfect environment for you to complete your PADI IDC. It is a relaxed island with beautiful beaches easily accessible for confined water and open water preparations. We have modern air-conditioned classrooms conveniently located in Lanta Diver main shop in Saladan. All confined water presentations are conducted in our private swimming pool with no disturbances or distractions.
The PADI IDC Koh Lanta
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) programme. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification. Note that EFRI (Emergency First Response Instructor) is a prerequisite for becoming a PADI Instructor.
The PADI IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You will be able to organise and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in-water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counselling
Lanta Diver offers the following IDC package:
- PADI IDC (Instructor Development Course)
- Emergency First Response EFR and CFC (Emergency First Response & Care For Children) Instructor Course (pre-requisite to IDC) – EFRI
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Rating
- Project AWARE Specialty Instructor Rating
- Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Rating
- Nitrox Specialty Instructor Rating
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor Rating
- Dive Against Debris Specialty Instructor Rating
- Three days of diving before or after the IDC (Marine Park Fees not included)
- Dive equipment discounts
- Free equipment rental during IDC if needed
- Transportation to and from pool & beach & IE days
- IDC Crew Pack
Includes: Guide to teaching manual, Confined Water & Open Water cue cards, Advanced Open Water diver instructor cue cards, Rescue Diver instructor cue cards, Confined Water & Open Water lesson planning slates, Dive Master instructor cue cards, Rescue Diver exam, Peak performance buoyancy instructor outlines, PADIs Guide To Teaching manual with hologram (revised), Speciality Course Instructor Manual (digital, multilingual version), Open Water quizzes and exams (revised), Dive Master exams, PADI Dive planning & skill practice slate (new), Brochures and other course documentation, Backpack.
- EFR & CFR Instructor Manual
Includes: Emergency first response primary and secondary care instructor guide, Emergency first response care for children instructor guide, Emergency first response DVD, Emergency first response care for children DVD, Emergency first response course knowledge reviews.
Lanta Diver IDC Course Prices
Total price for the complete IDC including EFRI
- Course price: 42,000 THB
- Each part of the IDC is also possible to take separately, please contact us for more information and prices.
Course material prices:
- IDC Crewpack: 19,900 THB
- EFRI Instructor Manual: 4,500 THB
PADI Fees (in $ AUD):
- Instructor Application 257 AUD
- Instructor Evaluation (IE) 890 AUD
- EFR Instructor Application 177 AUD
- Your Open Water certification must be dated minimum 6 months prior to the start of your IDC.
- You need 100 logged dives to become an instructor.
- You must be a PADI Divemaster (or equivalent).
- Your current EFR/First Aid certification must be valid – updated within 24 months
- You will need a dive medical signed by a physician within 12 months.
Upcoming PADI IDC Dates on Koh Lanta
|IDC Start||IDC Finish||IE Start||MSDT Prep|
|21 NOV ‘18||04 DEC ‘18||05 DEC ‘18||08 DEC ‘18|
|02 JAN ‘19||15 JAN ‘19||16 JAN ‘19||19 JAN ‘19|
|12 APR ‘19||25 APR ‘19||26 APR ‘19||29 APR ‘19|
|20 NOV ‘19||03 DEC ‘19||04 DEC ‘19||07 DEC ´19|
Please email for further information – email@example.com
We are extremely lucky and proud to have Platinum PADI Course Director Richard Reardon on our team! Rich is from England and has been teaching IDCs since 2004. Rich has worked extensively throughout the Asia-Pacific region, including time working as an Instructor on Koh Lanta before becoming a Course Director. Rich has extensive contacts in the dive industry, and this, coupled with his focus on real-life teaching after the IDC, will make it easy for you to find your first job after the IE.
Rich ensures he is available at all times throughout the IDC to give our candidates lots of personal and individual attention.
When you book your PADI IDC with us at Lanta Diver, we will send you some pre-study material to ensure you arrive prepared. Your IDC will be much more relaxed if you arrive with this background knowledge already understood – you can then concentrate on learning new information.
For more information about our PADI IDC programmes on Koh Lanta please email firstname.lastname@example.org